We are pleased to partner with the Oregon Bureau of Labor & Industries (BOLI) to bring this Lunch & Learn to the employers of Lane County on Thursday, March 1st.
Presenter Jennifer Germundson, BOLI Technical Assistance Manager, will be leading conversations on the following topics:
Handling Harassment in the Workplace
- Overview of federal and Oregon civil rights protected classes
- Definition of unlawful harassment
- Communicating the company’s harassment policy
- Defining “unwelcome” conduct
- Investigating complaints – When to hire outside professionals
- Employer & employee personal liability
Oregon Equal Pay Law
- Taking immediate, appropriate corrective action
- Unlawful practices
- Pay history
- Legal remedies
- Equal pay analysis
- Permitted pay systems
We are also excited to share information on the benefits of the Oregon Employer Council:
- Benefits of a local OEC Chapter
- How you can help re-establish the Lane County Chapter
- Free membership!
- Make a difference in local employment and training issues
- Create a vital link between businesses, education, government, and the workforce
Check-In: 9:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Handling Harassment: 10:00 a.m. to noon
Lunch (provided): noon to 1:00 p.m.
Equal Pay: 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
March 1st 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Meeting Location: WorkSource Lane County
2510 Oakmont Way, Eugene, OR 97401
HRCI Credit: 2.0 SHRM credits | 2.0 HRCI General Credits